The Avalanche Alliance mission is to raise avalanche awareness, facilitate training and improve backcountry safety for motorized users. With a full spectrum of focuses ranging from sponsoring beacon check stations to supporting avalanche training educators, Avalanche Alliance is at the forefront of avalanche safety improvement. The ultimate goal is to have all motorized backcountry users adequately trained.
1. Change riders mindset- avy training is part of the ride
2. Raise awareness, but go beyond awareness
3. Provide more and easier opportunities for riders to go beyond awareness and get in depth training
1. Provide a calendar of events for this fall that riders can attend to increase awareness, including Klim sponsored dealer open houses
2. Partner with and help AIARE increase the amount of motorized avy trainers giving riders easier access to the right training.
“Avalanche education and on-snow training are ‘must haves’ for ALL backcountry riders! Continued training has changed the way that I look at the mountain and ride based on terrain, conditions, and possible dangers. Being a safer rider makes me a better rider. I also practice rescue scenarios regularly so that I can confidently use my equipment if ever needed.”
“My best friend was killed by an avalanche while snowmobiling. I don't want anyone else to experience the sorrow I've felt from that experience. I hope more people will increase their knowledge of avalanches and snow conditions, so lives can be saved, and we can continue to enjoy this great sport of snowmobiling.”
“When you ride in the backcountry and in complex terrain, it’s not if it happens....it’s when it happens. Being prepared is essential and having the right equipment plus the training will bring you and your riding crew back home.”